The Steering Committee of the St. John’s Wood Neighbourhood Forum, after extensive consultation and as authorised by Forum members in our General Meeting held on 5th October, 2016, has unanimously approved the following Vision Statement for the St. John’s Wood Neighbourhood Forum:
Vision Statement of the St. John’s Wood Neighbourhood Forum
The vision of the St. John’s Wood Neighbourhood Forum is to use our rights under the Localism Act 2011 to endeavour to ensure St. John’s Wood retains its unique garden suburb characteristics and embraces future development in a way that preserves the integrity of the St. John’s Wood Conservation Area and enhances the community’s amenities. To achieve this, we will develop and administer, through robust consultation with the local community, a Neighbourhood Plan for St. John’s Wood that:
• Encourages responsible and sustainable development of high quality architectural design and merit;
• Maintains respect for the community’s diverse architectural heritage and seeks to preserve all buildings of townscape merit and assets of community value;
• Protects and enhances the public realm including all green spaces and important local views;
• Seeks to build upon the community’s quality of life and the health of all residents;
• Promotes the continued and broadened well-being of its local businesses; and
• Remains aligned with the strategic planning policies of Westminster City Council.
This vision statement will guide the activities of the Forum and form the basis for establishing a more detailed Vision and Objectives Statement as part of our Neighbourhood Plan for St. John’s Wood.